Workload view does not accurately show hours per week

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:

The workload view does not show “hours per week”. It spreads effort evenly from start to end dates.

I would like to estimate hours of work per week. For example: Social media post writing is 8 hours per week and social media monitoring is 4 hours per week. Start date is October 1, end date is October 31. I should see 12 hours of effort every week (about 51 for the month) when I use the workload view.

Steps to reproduce:

Create a project.

Add a custom field “hours per week” that is a number.

Add a task starting now and lasting one week. Assign it to someone. Add 25 in the “hours per week” field.

Add a task starting immediately after and lasting two weeks. Add 50 in the “hours per week”.

Create a portfolio and add the project.

Go to workload view.

You will see that the person is tasked with 25 hours worth of effort for all three weeks.

Browser version:
MacOS app

What version of Asana are you using (Basic/Premium/Business/Enterprise)?
Business

Upload screenshots below:
Screenshot shows and example where I assigned myself 50 hours/week for a 1 week task, 50 hours/wk for a two week task, 25 hours/week for a one week task.

Same screenshot example but showing effort…

Note: Not a solution but marked as such to elevate a key reply

@Andrew_Davies2,

I’ve moved this thread because Asana defines a bug as something not working as intended, and in this case it’s working as Asana intended, albeit not at all what you want, though!

Can you find a thread in Product Feedback that is similar to your request and upvote there? Perhaps this one:

If you find one, reply here and I can merge your posts into it.

Thanks,

Larry

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.