Workload effort and capacity: view team members' total effort and capacity per week?

Hello! I’m excited about the effort and capacity feature in Workload. I’d like to view the current capacity of a team member on a weekly basis. For example, if I create a custom effort field of Hours, then add Hours and a start and end dates to all Tasks, and set a team member’s weekly capacity hours to 37.5, I’d like to see how close they are to 37.5 this week after I’ve assigned them all of their Tasks. Right now, I can see the daily capacity in the Hover States on Workload, but I can’t see weekly capacity.

Hi @Amelia_Aldred and welcome to the Forum!

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us, this is definitely something we could look into for a future update. I’ve gone ahead and moved your post to the #productfeedback to allow other users to vote for this and on my end, I’ll keep you posted as soon as I have an update on this topic!

It would be good not to just set weekly capacity, but daily capacity.

We have an agile/flexible working team, and so some team members work only three/four days per week or compressed days. Because of this, capacity might show ok when spread out over a week, but actually, they should show as red peaks for those particular points in time.

Welcome to the Forum @anon74597788 and thank you for sharing your feedback with us!

I was able to find an existing thread in the forum requesting the same functionality so I’m merging your post with it to consolidate feedback. Please don’t forget to upvote it! :slight_smile:

Have a great day!

Hi @Natalia, this might be my poor wording but these arent asking for the same things.

This wanted to view capacity left, I’m stating that i want to set a daily capacity, eg Mon 6 hours, Tue 3 hours, Wed 0 etc etc

1 Like

I want the same thing. Can someone please explain how to upvote?

Just bumping this as I don’t think it’s the same point and should’ve remained its own post?

Also looking for the ability to add daily capacity for each person, rather than just weekly capacity. The reason being their capacity is different on different days.

Thanks

Was wondering where we are at with this? We have a bunch of part time contractors that change hours week to week in addition to working different hours daily. There is nothing consistant. Need a way for Team members to be able to set there hours weekly. Having to email them weekly asking them how many hours they are working next week and then going into portfolios is overhead we would like to automate and let each team member set thier own hours. How do we accomplish this in Asana?

Not sure if this is the same concept, but looking to merge minutes and hour fields to represent a whole picture of where folks capacity is on any given day or week. Is that possible? At this point it looks like it just autosums one or the other which leaves a good chunk of time missing.