Workflow rule to automatically add projects to a portfolio?

Hi,

I am using Asana for customer onboarding. I have created a portfolio called ‘Customer Onboarding Projects’ to track, group, and house onboarding projects. Right now, I am manually adding projects to the portfolio, but am hoping there’s a way to create a workflow rule or automation of some kind where I can set a criteria that automatically adds projects to this portfolio.

Any point in the right direction would be immensely helpful. Thanks!

7 Likes

It does not exist within Asana. You could have a look at automation outside of Asana though, like Zapier.

Perhaps consider upvoting this feedback request:

9 Likes

Alas Zapier doesn’t know anything about Portfolios.

3 Likes

Bumping this request - I just upgraded to an account with Portfolios enabled; the primary place I see it being useful is to track tasks across multiple projects. Having projects automatically added to a Portfolio would drastically increase the usability of this tool, especially as it relates to Workflow!

5 Likes

I do have a solution, in the form of a script that runs automatically and adds projects to portfolios based on various criteria.

1 Like

Hi what kind of script do you use to auto add a project I’d be curious if I could implement the same?

nodeJS script ran with a scheduler, using the Personal Access Token of an account with access to the portfolios and projects.

1 Like

This is a critical problem because I need to be able to use zapier when something in specific portfolios happens. Otherwise I’ll have thousands of zaps off of hundreds of wrong projects…

Im interested! Can you send me an email to info@loge-media.de?

I reached out :slight_smile: if anyone is interested, simply submit Loading... - Form by Asana to let me know what you need so I can evaluate.