When clicking on a existing task in Calendar view it triggers a task added webhook

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
When clicking on a existing task in Calendar view it triggers a task added webhook (it creates a task in the background and deletes it instantly)
Steps to reproduce:
Create a webhook that would watch for a new task added to a project. Click on an existing task just to view it this triggers a webhook
Browser version:
Chrome version 88.0.4324.192 (Official Build) (x86_64)
Upload screenshots below:

2 Likes

Hi @Konstantin_Kalashnik and thanks for the report.

I can’t seem to be able to reproduce this issue with Chrome. Are you experiencing the same issue with an incognito window? If so, could you send me a screencast with your Javascript console open so we can take a look into this for you?

Thanks for your help!

@Konstantin_Kalashnik,

I also tried reproducing it (using Chrome) and could not.

The behavior you’re describing is definitely the behavior you’ll get if you click on a blank space in the calendar and then click somewhere else (like on an existing task, for example); are you sure you’re not somehow hitting a blank calendar space as part of your process? Like @Marie says, a screencast could be useful.

1 Like

This is happening on a regular basis for our team. All we are typically doing is hitting the “show more” to expand the days list not clicking on the day on the calendar. Sometimes they go away but more often than not they create blank tasks that have to be deleted. I am deleting on average 3-10 tasks a day. I updated my Chrome browser to the latest version and it still hasn’t stopped.

@Brigette_Samuelson, could you please forward a screencast to our support team following these steps: How to contact our Support Team ✉

If this is happening to several people in your team it could be somehow related to your set up.

I’m moving this thread to our Closed as we aren’t best equipped to help you resolve this issue, but don’t hesitate to keep us posted once you figure this out with our support team!

1 Like

This has been happening to me all day long. I’ve been using Asana for a couple years now and never had this problem.

Very frustrating to have to be constantly deleting tasks I did not mean to create. It is also very easy to reproduce the problem…

Right now I’m in Firefox with my cache cleared and have made a screencast. I will send it to the support team.

This has been happening to me for the last two days as well while using Chrome. It happens when I try to check off a task or just click on a task to see the subtasks/details.

I’m not sure what has changed either. I know there was a new version of Asana when I got to my computer this morning, but it started happening before then. Using chrome, haven’t updated my browser recently either.

I have attached a 30sec video of the issue:

Hi @anon44605575, could you please forward a screencast to our support team following these steps: How to contact our Support Team :email: . We aren’t best equipped to help you resolve this issue in the forum, but our support team will be able to assist further!