In Calendar View, I can't add tasks directly into a day of the week.

When in Calendar View in Google Chrome, it’s not possibile to add tasks directly into a specific day of the week.

Go to “My tasks”
Click “Calendar” tab
Try to click any day in the Calendar
Nothing happens
Expected behavior: An active input field showing up in the clicked calendar day

I am using Google Chrome, which is up to date
Version 83.0.4103.116 (Official Build) (64-bit)

On an earlier bug report, someone from Asana Help responded to the above query and was asked the questions below, but the original complainant did not respond.

My responses are in bold.

Are you able to reproduce with an incognito window? Yes, the same problem happens when I’m using incognito.

Are you able to reproduce the issue with another browser? Yes, it also occurs using Safari and Firefox.

Is this only happening to you, or are your colleagues running into the same issue? Only to me.

Hi @James_Tremain, thanks for reaching out and sorry for the trouble!

I followed the same steps but I was able to create a task in the Calendar view of My Tasks section. In order to investigate this further, would you mind recording a screencast to help us visualize the behaviour you are getting? Loom is a great app for video screencasts: https://www.useloom.com/

In your video screencast, we recommend that you use a Chrome Incognito window and have your Javascript console open:

Try to include the entire browser window, including URL bar, in the video screencast.

If you don’t feel comfortable sharing the Screencast publicly in the this thread, feel free to DM me (You just need to click on my name above and select “Message”).

Thank you James! Looking forward to your reply!

Hi @James_Tremain, just checking in to see if you have an update for us? Looking forward to your reply!

Thanks for chasing me up, Marie.
Here’s a link to a Loom video explaining the problem.
Cheers
James

HI @James_Tremain and thank you so much fo recording this screencast, this is super useful!

From what I see you’re looking at your “Comms calendar” Team calendar - not at your My Task calendar, which explains why you can’t create tasks from there.

It is possible to create tasks from your My tasks calendar, any Project calendar you have, but not from Team calendars. The reason for this is that in Asana, every task must be nested in a Project, so when working from your Team calendar (which gathers all projects in your Team), Asana doesn’t know in which project to create your task, hence why you don’t have the option to create a task!

Hope this makes sense, but don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any follow-up questions!

Ah, thanks for that.
James

1 Like