When changing due dates in list of tasks the curser jumps down the page

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: When in My Tasks and I am updating my due dates and I click the date - the curser will jump right down the page to another task. It’s been doing this for a few weeks but not all time. It is not on the task I chose but way down so I have to keep going back to the top.

Steps to reproduce: Go to My Tasks > Due date > change due date > curser is now at the bottom of the page.

Browser version: Chrome Version 88.0.4324.96 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Upload screenshots below:

1 Like

Hi @Jeanette_Elton and thanks for the report.

Can you tell us a little more what you mean by:

Could you possibly share a screenshot/screencast to illustrate?

Also is this only happening in My Tasks?

Have you already gave a shot to another browser? Are you experiencing the same issue?

Hi @Jeanette_Elton, do you have any updates about this issue? :slight_smile: Let us know and we will be happy to help! Thank you!

Hi Emily

Here’s a short Loom to show you.

Thank you

https://www.loom.com/share/4ccb4de24be347d6bb6b6f032bd99e1a

Hope that helps.

Ps I use Chrome

That behavior certainly seems unusual. Thanks for sharing the video @Jeanette_Elton. This will definitely help @Marie and @Emily_Roman report the bug!

Thanks for getting back to us, @Jeanette_Elton! I see what you mean, I investigated this further and this is happening because you are sorting your list by Due Date.

When you change the due date of the task and you are sorting the list by due date, the task you are updating will be automatically moved depending on its new due date. This is working as expected, if you sort your list by None the task will stay in the same place even if you update the due date.

Thanks for your feedback and please let me know if you have any other questions, Jeanette!

I am having the exact same problem. I click on a date (while My tasks are sorted by due date) and the whole screen moves and suddenly I’m no longer on that date, I’m looking about 10-15 lines further down the page - so I have to scroll back up to where I was. It’s REALLY annoying and happens on 1 out of 3 dates I click on. The second time after scrolling back up I CAN click on the date and change it and the screen stays put
It’s enough to put me off Asana - can this be fixed?

This topic was automatically closed after 16 days. New replies are no longer allowed.