Can't move tasks up/down when sorting by due date

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: I can’t move my tasks up/down even thought the hand comes up when I hover over the items I want to move. I am in tasks, sorted by due date and within the same date I wanted to move my tasks in order that I want to do them in without assigning them a time. The hand comes up when hovering but when I try to move it the task goes back to where it was. The tasks within the same day are not sorted alphabetically so I don’t know why I can’t move them around.

Steps to reproduce: Hover left of task, hand shows up, try to move up/down, task goes back to where it originally was.

Browser version: Chrome newest

Upload screenshots below:

@Lisa_Spangler

If you want to manually arrange tasks, you need to select Sort: None

If you select Sort: Due Date then Asana auto arrange the tasks based on, which was created first.

Check the screenshot below. I created Task 1 before Task 2, hence they are sorted one after the other on the same day.

Let us now add Time to it:

This is what it looks like now (Task 2 is above Task 1)

Note that Sort: Due date also takes Time into Consideration.

Manually sorting cannot be done if you Sort by a particular category.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Hi,

I’ve started having this same bug since moving over from Chrome to firefox. Not sure if that’s a fluke or not. I get one successful “task drag and move” on the timeline before everything then locks up and I can’t move anything. I then have to refresh the page and I get one more task move again. Sort is set to none at all times.