We're extending our spreadsheet view to My Tasks!

Do we have the option to stay with the previous view? I liked it a lot. It flowed with my natural organisation tendency very well. And I can’t customise the fields to show in spreadsheet view of My Tasks now.

3 Likes

Hi @Simerpreet_Kaur,

I’m afraid this is not possible, but don’t hesitate to share your feedback in the #productfeedback section so we can take it onboard for future updates!

1 Like

I received the new My tasks view and noticed that Tags are no longer appearing in the grid, and there doesn’t appear to be a way to toggle them on like there is in Projects. Is this something that I can change, or will be added back in the future?

3 Likes

Hi @Mike_Kren and welcome to the forum!

At the moment, there’s no way to include tags in the updated My Tasks view. We’re waiting to hear if it’s something that will be added back going forward.

Hi, I am new to forum. I have the same issue as @Mike_Kren. We use tags liberally in our organization and now some of us who have bee upgraded to the grid view can no longer see tags. There also does not seem to be any options to add columns to the grid. For our purposes this update is a regression, please add tags back. Please let me know if there is a more appropriate place to leave this feedback. Thanks

1 Like

I’ve made a post in product feedback: New "My Tasks" Page Eliminates Ability to View Tags - #7 by lpb

But I will keep mentioning this until fixed: we NEED tags back on the my tasks section!!! This isn’t just a small inconvenience that we can wait a few days for an update. This ruined my workflow, and has added extra work and unnecessary stress.

Honestly I’m pretty shocked this wasn’t considered before pushing the update. I’d imagine tags are pretty widely used, right? I’m normally a very happy customer of asana and recommend it as a project management software, but the disregard for a key functionality here kind of makes me reassess my opinions of the platform…

Please make this right by giving us tags back ASAP.

4 Likes

Hi all and thank you so much for the feedback regarding missing tags in the new My Tasks layout. Please continue to upvote New "My Tasks" Page Eliminates Ability to View Tags - #7 by lpb while I work with our team to figure out if and how we can bring them back!

3 Likes

Update 12/8/2020: In just one week, Asana rectified this by adding the Tags toggle after pausing the rollout to do so. That’s a terrific response to our requests–thank you, @Marie!

Thanks, @Marie, for diligently pursuing this and doing all you can for all of us.

Please pass along the following to the product team:

Breaking customers’ workflow without notice or recourse has been known to be a bad business practice for a long time and most modern apps never do this, yet Asana has just done this (and it’s not the first time).

For example, Google gives months of notice, and they may offer opt-in/rollback freely, and then gives advance notice of a final date when you must opt-in or be converted over. Asana’s API deprecation framework approach is somewhat similar (and appreciated).

Large clients have complained to me–they are not satisfied with Asana’s approach to change management. I’m also often not satisfied as well. And because as an Asana consultant I advocate adoption of Asana and have high standards of conduct, this presents a real (ethical) issue for me.

Mistakes are mistakes and understandable. But if the product team is consciously breaking customers’ workflows without warning or recourse, I hope you’ll do a “Five Whys” analysis and be transparent with the findings. And adopt more considerate change management approaches in the future.

Thanks,

Larry

26 Likes

Totally agree. This change that removes tag visibility on the My Tasks view has completely broken our workflow. Why would Asana do this with no notice? @Marie Please change it back.

2 Likes

Hi folks and thanks again for all your feedback.

I can confirm we’re actively working on re-implementing Tags in My Tasks - I’ll post an update here as soon as this is launched. Sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused, and thank you so much for your patience while we’re working on this :pray:t3:

11 Likes

That’s great news, @Marie!! Much appreciated.

Thanks,

Larry

3 Likes

Very well written Larry. Our team often finds itself feeling similar but not able to express it as well as you have!

Asana’s sudden no-warning no-opt out changes are often very frustrating for us too. Whether as small recent things like the color changes, or consistent way back with dashboards suddenly disappearing.

For a company that seems to pride itself on ethics (the motive for the color changes right?) having such a small amount of transparency with customers or freedom for them to choose seems a bit inconsistent. We’d very much appreciate knowing even in broadstroke like Apple’s July 2019 product announcement of the Mac Pro “by the end of 2019”.

5 Likes

This is a nice update! I have a question: how can a company appear in this 10% of users who get this update first? For us, Everhour, it is very important to know about UI updates first or even before end-users, because our browser extension may not be working, we can’t roll out an update, customers are frustrated…
Asana reps claimed to put us on the early adopters list a couple of times before, but it seems not to work at all.

Any help in this matter and to get updates first will be highly appreciated!

1 Like

Hi @Waclaw_Wolodko, and thanks for your kind words. Have you considered joining our Community program? As part of this program, you could get early access to most new features we’re launching!

I am not sure this is what we are looking for. And if so, what type of program is best to choose to get the updated UI among the first?

1 Like

Will it also be possible to sort by due date within the section (currently, it is only possible to sort the whole list by due date?)?

1 Like

No @anon39961120, but we’ve more My Tasks updates coming in 2021, so stay tuned!

1 Like

Hi Marie,
There’s been so much feedback on this view, I"m anxious to see it on my own screen. Would you please let me know

Hi @Mike_Wittenstein,

We’re currently rolled out to 10% of customers and won’t roll out further until we re-implement Tags, so the full roll-out may take a little longer than usual. Nothing to worry about though - beside the “missing tags” we’re fixing the feedback has been excellent so far :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m with you on that, Marie.

As an appreciative (and mostly quiet) forum member, I realize Asana is doing so much for so many people.

I’m loving being a part of ‘the future’ as Asana’s abilities grow—taking our productivity and competitive growth with it!

Best,

Mike

2 Likes