We’re updating our Task pane!

Thanks for moving projects back up :clap:

I agree that keeping assignee and due date in one line was a better use of space. The other area I definitely think needs a change is the Description/Notes. I feel like it might always need an outline, and maybe consider keeping full-width. It really isn’t the same kind of field as a Custom Field so I feel it should differ visually.

1 Like

Yup! My team and I are not as easily spotting or using the Description Pane lately due to this. Would LOVE it to jump out more at us. The more a task starts to be most relevant, up to date and actionable within the comments thread, the harder all my work gets to track! Any ways to combat this tendency are appreciated! And featuring & empowering the task description pane is a big part of that - it should hold the most up to date description of the job to be done. Are there status updates we can subscribe to, when someone updates the Task Description pane, for example?

1 Like

Hi - should I be able to see my tags when I look at My Tasks? What is the best way to ensure team member scan see or search for tags?

Totally agree with Steven.

3000 love with this

VOTE +1 , I hate scroll to view desc

2 Likes

I don’t know if this is part of the task pane update, but today we can no longer multi-select and change things on the task pane. When we multi-select it forces the task pane closed. We can still multi-select and change things if they are in the columns, but that will force us to show columns we wouldn’t normally show. The little helper box that shows up at the bottom, just doesn’t have enough functions to make it worth it.

1 Like

Also, ALL the keyboard shortcuts are gone when multi-selecting. Here’s hoping this is just a bug.

2 Likes

I appreciate Asana listening and moving the project back up to the top, and also appreciate everyone’s comments here so far.

I also provided feedback during the beta:

1. Would prefer Assignee and Due Date on the same line so as not to waste vertical space
  2. Would prefer Description (and Project?) labels to be above the fields to use more of the horizontal space.
  3. Would prefer default (unselected) height of the comment box to be less - something in between what it used to be and what it is now would be ideal.
  4. Wishing for the day I can adjust the size of the Task pane manually - so when I want to see a little of the list view but focus on task details, I can, and vice versa.

Just reiterating these points, and will also upvote Ipb’s posts as mentioned above. If someone knows if my latter point 4 has been mentioned anywhere else on the forum before, please point me in that direction, thanks.

1 Like

Thanks, @Sarah_L.

Re your question about #4 width of Task Detail pane, you can vote here (as I did):

Larry

3 Likes

Thank you for upvoting.
It’s been so long ago since I first suggested this, I’ve actually completely forgotten it.
It should be a basic thing to implement if you ask me.
Hopefully Asana will pick this up.

1 Like

If Asana can move the due date to the same line as assignee it will be great. Just the the layout before they update.

1 Like

Could someone please distinguish for me the visible difference between TAGS and PROJECTS? I am not seeing it. Thank you.

@Brenda, If you’re looking at the Tasks Lists they’re not distinct (sure wish they were!) but this announcement is referring to the Task Detail pane:

Larry