We have many people on our teams. We often want to be able to notify all of them when we post a comment to a task.

We have many people on our teams. We often want to be able to notify all team members when we post a comment to a task.

It is a tremendous burden to have to find the list of a dozen team members and add each as a collaborator, one at at time. And then to add new ones to the task collaborator list when we hire a new person.

Is there a way to turn on notify all team members for a comment, a task, a project, or an entire team? Each of those four options would help.

It would also be nice to be able to send a note to everyone in all of our teams.

Hi @Robert_Tolmach.

When you say notify “all team members”, my assumption is you mean all the members across your organisation? For this, the best option I know of is to create a Team with the entire org as members and utilize the team communications. Ex - Create a “Staff” team with all the members.
Then, during a project or other team conversation, you can just @Staff and it will notifiy everyone.

You can also use team conversations as well for non-project related comms: https://asana.com/guide/help/conversations/team-conversations
There is an older forum discussion around this topic: Organisation Communication Board Hope this helps!

1 Like

Hello again Bernie. Two in one night.

I want to be able to do all these things:

1. Assign a bunch of individuals to a project, and thereafter when I create a ticket, be able to add as collaborators OR tag something like @project-members so they all get notified.

2. When I create a ticket, I want to be able to add as collaborators OR tag something like @team-members. (that is, all the people on that team, not all organization members). Your mention of a mega-team called Staff suggests that can be done, but I saw a ticket that said otherwise. Aah, I just tried it and it works.

3. When I create a ticket, I want to be able to add as collaborators OR tag something like @org-members. (that is, all the people in all our teams). Your suggestion of creating a mega-team with all members is an OK workaround for that. We just need to remember to add to and remove from that team.

Thanks!

Another for Bernie, as I do not see how to edit the post I just left.

I tried the Conversation thing. It says “o people will be notified”

I thought anything added to conversations when to the full group.

Based on the screenshot, Projects in Ragic only have 1 member which is you, can you try adding 1 more member and check if that member get notified?

1 Like

Hi @Robert_Tolmach :slight_smile: please note notifications are only sent out for actions and changes performed by others; you will not receive a notification for actions you perform yourself. Since you are the only project member, you won’t be notified for actions made by yourself in the project.

You can find more details in this article:

I’m afraid I see at least around a half dozen incorrect statements in this one thread among the posts by @Robert_Tolmach, @Bernie_Orelup, and @Emily_Roman that I think don’t answer the original questions properly and will be confusing to others.

@Emily_Roman, perhaps it would be better for @Robert_Tolmach to start over posting one question/request at a time in new threads and retire this thread?

Thanks,

Larry

2 Likes

Thank you, Emily!

Leonarce, thanks!

Hi Leonarce,
Sounds good. How do I retire this thread?
Will create a new one with just my question about posting to multiple people.
Thanks!

Here is the new thread:

The tag for you did not work. Perhaps I got the first letter wrong? lowercase L or upper case I?

1 Like

Thanks @lpb and @Robert_Tolmach! I’m now closing this thread! :+1:

1 Like