Viewing all assigned tasks across multiple workspaces

I’m a new Asana user and I really thought this would be a feature. Pls fix it Asana.
As a freelancer I have a lot of different clients with their separate organizations, it’s a hassle to get an overview of my assigned tasks.

4 Likes

This request has been made 3 years ago. 160 messages on this topic and I’m the 500th vote…

Is it actually going to happen?

3 Likes

501 here!

I’m a consultant converting many of my clients to Asana, and now I’d LOVE being able to see all my tasks in one place! Thank you Dev team! <3

2 Likes

502! Went from working with a big company to being freelance and I have to have this feature for Asana to be viable for me now. I’m so annoyed that it isn’t because I know and like Asana and I don’t want to use anything else, but I can’t see how I can stay if this isn’t on the cards to be fixed (which it seems it isn’t).
Anyone found a good work-around or even another similar product that does this better?

1 Like

Agree, I’m currently using teh project buddy integration to push all my asana tasks to my google calendar where they can actually moved to a specific time and date. It’s a good work around because I “time block” my day but it really only works well for a one person team.

Ideally I could see my task list, inbox, teams and project all my organizations in one place. I’d take them one by one in that order of priority though.

Agreed. Multiple client workspaces - would be great to see one task list for me as a single person rather than have to check each workspace!

1 Like

+1 more vote for this

1 Like

It’s really annoying Asana doesn’t have this. I work with multiple organizations, clients and partners, each in separate workspaces; not to mention my personal projects. Asana should realize the potential this feature has to bring in new users… This work model where you make a career in a single organization is outdated - nowadays people collaborate more, and we need a way to see all our tasks in one place. Asana community has been asking for this for years!

I’m going to try the Taco app workaround which people have mentioned is clunky and not the best solution… but I really need this for Asana to make sense for me. I would 100% be willing to pay for a Premium account if it included this feature.

2 Likes

Any news about this feature? Should be part of Premium or Business …

Added my vote. I have 3 separate “organizations” that I would like to manage tasks between, but without the ability to combine them into 1 view I’m stuck just using my personal account and setting each “organization” as a project. The side effect of this is I don’t invite others in the organizations to collaborate. Seems like a big miss.

@Brandi_Olson just upvoted this. It’s my top issue with Asana too, although I would include viewing notifications in one place (inbox) as well. Do you agree?

3 Likes

Definitely agree to both My Tasks and Inbox across multiple workspaces.

UPVOTE. Not being able to see tasks across different platforms makes this experience…NOT GREAT and forces me to outsource some of the workspaces/areas I’d like to keep in Asana.

This is a critical function. The more people that use asana, the more this will become a problem for those that work together from different orgs, with freelancers etc. Having multiple inboxes and my tasks is just not workable. In the least asana could provide a Zapier/integromat/other iPaas recipe for sync between orgs of these tasks.

Agreed! I am a consultant - I work within my own projects in my organization, have to leave and go to a different work space with my Tech VA and then have to go into my personal workspace for projects I am sub contractor on. Sometimes jumping between three different Asana windows - and Asana is claiming to be the solution to less movement between Apps and easier workflow. Pretty please can this be worked out. I would love to have all my tasks in one place or at least send them as duplicates to my main org. workspace without an outside Zap.

1 Like

This lack of functionality is one of the main reasons I can’t use Asana for most of my project management. I have work across multiple organizations, so it would be very helpful to have a centralized view of all my tasks / projects / responsibilities.

1 Like

Echoing what’s previously been said, if only to add my name to the long list… It’s simply unreal that this isn’t already a function of Asana. It’s as bizarre as - a level down - not being able to see other projects you’re working on within a workspace, or - two levels down - not being able to see other tasks you’re working on within a project.

Imagine sitting down at one’s desk and - rather than having a single diary - having one for each part of one’s life, requiring you to consult, say, 6 different diaries simultaneously. Tell me, Asana, whether this would be a good way to organise one’s schedule…!

3 Likes

This is unbelievable that this is not a thing yet. Such obvious and needed feature, several years and hundreds of requests. Are you kidding?

2 Likes

Just adding my voice to the chorus here - this would be an invaluable addition.

1 Like

Upvoted too. I used to be able to use Taco as a workaround but it appears that this app is dead? The website is down and their Twitter feed stopped updating in the summer of 2020. That’s too bad. Now I have to go back to switching between 4 Asana accounts to manage my task list :confused: