Viewing all assigned tasks across multiple workspaces

I would love you to add this feature, it’s really an very frustrating situation when dealing with serveral customers workspaces and not being able to synchronize!

1 Like

Can you add a feature that allows tasks to be synced across two organizations?

While it’s nice being able to switch organizations, it’s hard to keep track of tasks assigned to users across organizations.

It would be great to merge organizations for certain teams similar to Slack Workspaces with Shared Channels. This would be an amazing feature as it would allow users to see all of their tasks within one organization instead of having to switch back and forth.

I tried using Zapier to solve this issue but it didn’t work out as I hoped. I know the biggest issue is the user access and different emails…

1 Like

I, like many, try to minimize the number of organizational tools in my life. (There was a time I used Things, Apple reminders/notes, Todoist, Evernote, google’s multiple solutions, and the list goes on)
Decided to trim down to Asana for my small ORG’s and personal life. Not having a “command center” and instead clicking around as they’re spread across multiple places usually ends up in missed tasks & late projects, and becoming more frustrated with the tool than the task. Appreciate the update.

:+1: for this feature. Shared projects between organizations would be perfect, something like Slack did with shared channels between workspaces :v:

1 Like

The number of users who would appreciate this update could be greater than the number of users who currently work in at least two organisations. I currently squash all my personal tasks and business tasks into one account so that I can see them all within the same “Today” list, but would love to be able to separate them out.

1 Like

Aloha!

I’m a huge Asana fan and converted many freelancer friends to your product.

As a result of this, I have many projects with others Asana users. I find it super annoying to have to switch workspace to view my tasks on other teams. There’s no way to see ALL the tasks I have assigned to me in Asana in my calendar view (in MY TASKS).

Wouldn’t it be great if all the teams I’m a part of could be in my Workspace? Not only I wouldn’t have to switch Workspaces to see other projets I’m a part of but I could have all my tasks in one place.

I would even be willing to switch to a paid account for this.

Thanks for considering this :smiley:

Julie

4 Likes

Hi @Julie_Brouillette, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us! This is a very popular request in the forum, and our product team is closely following this thread. Although I don’t have any updates at the moment, we’ll make sure to update the thread as soon as we have news.

I have gone ahead and merged your post with Viewing all assigned tasks across multiple workspaces - #146 by D.T_V to avoid duplicates. I hope you don’t mind!

5 Likes

I’m not only interested in this solution from a task point of view, as a project manager i need to manage workload across the team across multiple “organisation” accounts.

1 Like

I am facing this challenge as well. I am a partner in multiple businesses, including an investment-related firm. We often embed people (including me) in our portfolio companies. With all those organizations plus my personal projects, I really need to have a single place where I can see everything I need to attend to. The current design of Asana is oriented around projects and workspaces, neither of which are human. I am looking for a task management tool that is organized around me and my life. The fact that a task of mine is part of a project that is part of some company should not determine where I can see it. I have taken responsibility of certain outcomes and I want to organize them all in the context of my day. If I am responsible for it, I want to see it in My Tasks. I should be able to filter from there. When I find a tool that does that, it will be easy to get all of my projects, their companies, their employees, contractors, consultants, interns and investors to adopt the tool. Right now, it’s adequate, but barely.

4 Likes

I also would love to see this feature request come to Asana; seeing your inbox/tasks across multiple workspaces in one inbox/task listing.

Kind of mind boggling the lack of action from Asana on this. Not only is this just kind of a intuitive no brainer, and not only does most of the competitors doing, but you also have had this thread going for what, 3 years with people begging for it? If people can rig up work around with an API in their spare time, how can Asana with all their resources not take action on this? Extremely disheartening and shows that Asana is not listening to their user base. Probably using their dev to build out cash grab features or something. Anyways, we are an agency and won’t be recommending this to any of our clients until this is solved. We are accidentally missing tasks on the regular due to this issue. Currently evaluating Asana replacements for us and several partners/clients.

6 Likes

+1 and all the members of the four organizations I am in. As asana is pushing daily updates for small design changes this really would be a game changing feature! Please get it done. As you grow this will become more vital every day starting to push users away from you.

Hi @Marie!

In my case I’m just part of one organization but I also have a personal workspace, so I would like to see all my tasks (both work and personal) in a single place because I’m the one which will have to do them.

I guess many of the people commenting in this thread are in the same situation as me.

4 Likes

I’ll echo that I’m in the exact same situation as @angeliti and agree that many people here likely are as well. I switched over from Omnifocus in part to avoid the jumping back and forth between tools. However, having to jump back and forth between workspaces lands me essentially in the same spot. Especially on mobile, it is actually faster for me to hop into Omnifocus and log a new task than the 4 clicks (minimum) it takes to switch workspaces and navigate to the new task action. The whole process in Asana is 10+ clicks to jump to my personal space, add to my inbox, and hop back to work.

+1 for this feature!

Honestly amazed that this feature doesn’t exist yet. I’m a new Asana user and have found it to be all the right kinds of intuitive and customizable that I need. My client work just became suddenly more complex than I expected it to and I now have a great need for the ability to view all assigned tasks across all of my workspaces. I’d love to see this feature added so that I don’t have to go down a rabbithole of testing all the other project management tools!

4 Likes

+1 for this feature, seems like a pretty simple thing to ask for.

agreed, this should be available to users.

this is the biggest barrier to using Asana-I’m a freelancer with many clients/organizations that are using Asana but I can’t migrate My Tasks into my own calendar! It’s SO FRUSTRATING!!!

1 Like

It seems like they should take freelancers’ needs into account as more and more join the freelancing world. Maybe there’s another platform out there.

4 Likes