I started building a global ‘my tasks’ overview myself with the Asana API to solve this problem, since I too work with many different organisations. This code is still a work-in-progress, but it already works for me quite well.
What you can do with it now:
- 4 columns overview with my tasks: Today, Upcoming, Later and New
- Each task shows the title, the projectname (incl. asana color), workspace and due date
- Drag and drop tasks to change priority (move from Upcoming to Today for instance)
- Complete tasks
- Click on tasks and it will open the task in Asana
- You can even add new tasks in the bottom
- The sidebar provides links to all your Asana workspaces.
What I still would like to improve:
- Linking to a task within a project works just fine. But linking to a task that does not belong to a project or to the workspace overview ‘My Tasks’ page is not so easy. For some reason the workspace ID returned by the Asana API cannot be used for the workspace URL. So I coded these links manually in my code in the config file… See also github for more info on this. Not a big problem.
- Mobile… I tried also to make it look nice on mobile, yet this part is still a bit buggy. Just needs some love.
You can download the code from github and host it yourself