Update url to reflect state of board (filter, sort) etc. to make a specific view shareable

I’m adding my voice to this ask – also sharing what I’ve used as sorts of a workaround: Reporting. I keep a dashboard with “Number” charts with specific filters. The nice thing is that clicking on the number will take me (or whoever opens this dashboard) to the list of tasks that meet the criteria.

1 Like

+1 for the record.
I’ve been missing this feature since I started working in asana and unfortunately I can’t threaten you that I’ll move away as… my whole company is using it.

TBH the amount of missing “common-sense” features in asana is astonishing.

+1 for this feature.

It’s incredibly annoying not being able to link to a pre-filtered board!

+1
I think it is a “must-have” feature for working with a team quickly on different views of the same board.

+1

+1

We decided to not get ahead with Asana because this is an essential feature for us.

+1

Was very surprised to learn this isn’t a thing

+1

+1

it is ridiculous it’s still not possible… One more item on my list “reasons to leave asana”
it’s not just about sharing a filtered view with others, but also saving different views of the same board for future use.

Quickly filtering and saving filters in views and making them easily shareable (yes, also and especially for boards) is basic functionality for a task management application. It’s shocking that Asana is so much lagging behind in that regard, despite all the resources they seem to have.

I can only recommend working with other tools that care about their users, e.g. Linear or Trello.

2 Likes

@Vanessa_N so… it’s been more than 4 years now and the dissatisfaction is mounting - could you give an update or, even better, a clear roadmap for this feature?

4 Likes

How are we still waiting for this 4 years later?

2 Likes

This feature would be quite useful.

Hi all,

I believe this product feedback request is currently possible with the use of saved view tabs where you can set a view with filters, sort, showing particular columns/fields and then share that view’s URL with others in Asana.

Check out my recent post for a quick-crash course on Saved view tabs, along with some cool use cases:

1 Like

I just used this to make a view of some quick win work my team completed. Good stuff!

1 Like