Update url to reflect state of board (filter, sort) etc. to make a specific view shareable

boards
filter

Love the board filtering/sorting functionality. What I lack is the ability to send somebody a link to a filtered and/or sorted version of my board, e.g. all tasks with the status “blocked” for a specific client, or similar. As of now, I am unable to do this, as the filter state isn’t reflected in the url.

Hi @Oscar_Hillestad, thanks for posting! If you save the view as default and share the link to the Project, the user opening the link will see the same sorting/filtering you saved. More information here.

Of course, their access to the Project will depend on their permission level in your Team (if they are Guests or Members; if the Project is Private or Public).

I hope this helps, but if I’m missing something, please let me know! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Vanessa_N – thanks for your swift reply. Of course I know about the “Save view for everyone” feature, but this is not what I want. I want to keep the default view unsorted but send a co-worker a link to a filtered view.

1 Like

Thank you for clarifying, @Oscar_Hillestad! It makes sense, and you are correct, it is not possible to do that in Asana at this time, but let’s hope our Developers can make this feature available in the near future. I’ve noted your feedback for our Product team on my end as well. :slight_smile:

1 Like