Universal toggle for "Update your goals" and "update project progress"

Like plenty of us, I get the auto-generated “Consider updating your project progress” and “It’s time to update your goal(s)” tasks added to My Tasks all the time.

Is there really not a universal way to deactivate these notifications? I know that there’s a (convoluted) way to turn off the “consider updating” notifications on a per-project basis, but those of us with hundreds of projects can hardly go into each and every one and turn that off.

Would be awesome if we could just control these auto-generated tasks from one place (notification settings?) since for me, they essentially render My Tasks useless.

1 Like

Hi @anon39084038, welcome to the Asana Community forum :wave:t2:

Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback. Having the option to turn of the “Consider updating your project progress” and “It’s time to update your goal(s)” tasks Organization wide would definitely save time.

While we don’t have any plans to introduce this at this time, hopefully it’s something our Product team can implement in the future.

I’ll let you know if we have any updates :slight_smile:

Completely agree with @anon39084038
This is supposed to be an efficiency tool and having to delete or deal with the clutter created by automated notices like Consider Updating Your Progress is tedious and frustrating. We are paying for this app and there are other platforms to choose. Pay attention to these requests from your customers.

hi @Rebecca_McGrath any update on this? It is really cluttering our org’s view with goal setting

Agreed! Asana is meant to help me focus on what I’m working on, but cluttering up my tasks with ‘It’s time to update your goals’ achieves the opposite.

My management team and I like to use my completed tasks as an overview of what I’ve achieved each quarter, which means I have to spend extra time deleting these automatically created tasks in order to have that view be meaningful.