Simplify the removal of "Consider updating your project progress" task

Continuing the discussion from How do I disable a "Consider updating your project progress" recurring task?: as it was closed automatically (a policy that may be detrimental to the improvement of Asana as a whole)

Is the Dev team considering simplifying the (almost) complex process of removing this automatic task? Specifically, make the permanent deletion of the task sufficient to prevent it from automatically being duplicated. (This functionality seems to work for all user-generated tasks, so it feels like this solution would be the most straightforward, especially for users that do not frequent this forum.)

This would be a sweet and convenient update one of these days! :grinning:

3 Likes

Hi @Charles_Wanless,
thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback!

While we don’t have plans to update this process right now, hopefully it’s something our Product team can implement in the future.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if we have any updates :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome. Thanks, Rebecca!

I would go one step further and have this turned off by default and make it something you have to opt-in to turn on. It was dreadfully annoying and somewhat hard to find a way to turn off.

6 Likes

I just want to say this is the worst feature i have ever seen on this app, how do we remove it completely from all projects and future project, i simply want the feature gone.

3 Likes

Any updates on this? It is really annoying to have to manually do it all the time…

Threads are updated when there’s any new, relevant information to share. Note that Asana typically does not publish a roadmap or comment on unreleased features.

Thanks,

Larry

I can’t find a way to turn this off, it’s super annoying.