Uninstalled app - links still try to open in app

I uninstalled the app on OS-X and restarted my computer. When I open an Asana link though, it keeps saying:

Opening link in Asana…

You will be redirected in a few moments.If the app doesn’t open, click Relaunch below.

That’s quite annoying

Browser version: Chrome Version 92.0.4515.107 (Official Build) (x86_64)

1 Like

Hi @anon4944762, thanks for reaching out :slight_smile:

Could you please try all the troubleshooting steps listed below and let me know if any of these resolve the issue?

If this does not resolve the issue, I’d suggest reaching out to our Support team with a screencast as they have access to additional tools that we don’t have here on the Community team to be able to look into this further for you.

I hope this helps!

Same problem.

1 Like

Restore Chrome to the an older version or uninstall chrome and setup an older version of chrome, this has solved the issue but I am worried still the problem need to be resolved from team Asana as we need latest version chrome for other compatibility issues.

2 Likes

Hi @Azam, thanks for getting back to me! Could you please confirm with which version of Chrome you were running into this issue and which version has resolved it, so that I can escalate this?

Looking forward to hearing back from you :slight_smile:

How do I disable this?

I temporarily installed the Mac Asana to try out since the web app was down on July 30th. But I see that Asana makes it hijack your browser without ever asking you if you want this behavior. Then even when you uninstall the Asana Mac app, it still hijacks your browser…

I’ll note that I’m pretty sure the browser troubleshooting tips here are irrelevant to this issue: Uninstalled app - links still try to open in app - #2 by Rebecca_McGrath

This isn’t some typical browser compatibility type bug. This is browser hijacking code that Asana adds with no consent when you install the Asana desktop app, then when you uninstall, it still remains.

Hi @Azam, if you’re still running into issues here, I’d suggest reaching out to our Support Team for further assistance as they have access to additional tools that we don’t have here on the Community team.

You can contact them by following the steps here:

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.