Uninstall desktop app, how to get the browser to autoload and not attempt to use desktop app?

I installed the desktop app excited to check it out, but quickly found I can’t get a link to a task(I use links to tasks regularly) so uninstalled the desktop app as I’m happy with the browser. Unfortunately Asana seems to still think I have the desktop app installed as it wants to open links in it but it can’t since it’s not installed requiring I click open this link in your browser… How can I fix this such that links open in my browser again since I don’t have the desktop app any long?

PS I reinstalled and uninstalled again in hopes it was a one off issue, but the problem persists.

Hi @anon68308835, thanks for reaching out!

If you would like to reinstall the desktop app, you can get task links! Simply click the link icon at the top of the task pane :slight_smile:

Screenshot 2021-07-13 at 09.46.04

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Hi Rebecca,

I actually have the same request as the OP: Uninstall desktop app, how to get the browser to autoload and not attempt to use desktop app?

I have tried the app and continue to use it but I would rather have the default behavior to open in a browser rather than the app. How to prevent the browser to resdirect any asana URL to Redirecting…… ?

Hi @Ronan, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

In this case, I’d suggest reaching out to our Support team as they have access to additional tools that we don’t have here on the Community team to be able to look into this further for you. You can reach out to them by following the steps below:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.