Undo Button

Unless I’m missing something glaringly obvious in Asana, an “Undo” feature that affects any action in Asana beyond restoring a deleted item would be incredibly useful.

In my use case, I have many MANY Rules set up that are triggered upon actions made to an Approval task. I am finding that a number of users are accidentally or prematurely selecting one of the approval actions, which immediately triggers a Rule. Some of these rules will automatically update custom fields, dates, assignees, move/add to other projects etc etc - and I cannot for the life of me find a simple way to revert that action to the state before the action was made on the task.

As a result, when this happens, I generally have to jump in to manually reset the task fields to the state it was in before the action was made. This is very tedious, as you might imagine.

If there’s any workarounds in the meantime that could be suggested, I’d be all ears. Since I am a single person responsible for building our Asana pipeline, with over 30 users actively using it everyday, I have some big concerns about the time required of me to reset tasks every time a user mistakenly clicks the wrong thing.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Undo actions