Unable to Remove Team Memeber

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
After Team Member was removed under Team Settings, Team Member is still available under Assignee selection
Steps to reproduce:

1. Invite New Team Member to your team
  2. Create New Project and tasks
  3. Assign New Team Member to some of the tasks
  4. Remove New Team Member using Team Settings
  5. You can still assign removed team member to any task under the projects
    Browser version:
    Chrome Version 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Krzys_Palka, thanks for reaching out! Sorry to hear you’re having difficulty removing a Team Member.

It’s possible that you removed them from a team (in a free Organization), but did not remove them from the Organization itself. If that’s the case, they may not show in any teams, but will still appear in the typeahead when you’re assigning tasks.

Please follow these instructions to fully remove this person.

I hope this helps! Let me know if the issue persists and I’d be happy to have a closer look!

1 Like

I invited someone with an error in the email… I can’t seem to find where to delete this person’s information from appearing in the search when I want to assign tasks properly. I am currently trying the free version . How can I get this to stop appearing when I type in the search bar?

Hi @anna12! You can follow the same steps shared above. I’m also listing the steps here for visibility:

• Hover over the Team name in the sidebar
  • Click the three dot icon
  • Select Edit Team Settings
  • Navigate to the Members tab
  • Hover over the relevant name and email address
  • Select Remove (this button will also show as Cancel Invite if the user hasn’t accepted their invitation yet)
  • Select Remove Access to remove them from the Team
  • Click Deprovision to remove them from the Organization

Let me know if that works!

Hi Emily

unfortunately it didn’t work.

The team member [choon@akine.ca] was removed before and he is no longer a member of the team (we only have one small team), however he [choon@akine.ca] is still available to be assigned to any task

It looks to me as you have a bug … or … we are being haunted by the ghost of the former team member :slight_smile: :joy:

2 Likes

I see @Krzys_Palka, it may sound strange but you would need to re-invite them to the team in order ro remove it. That would allow you to then follow the steps listed above and fully remove the incorrect email address. I hope you can remove the ghost soon :ghost: :joy:

Alternatively, if you have a Premium Organization and you area an Admin, you can cancel the pending invite and remove the email address in the Admin Console.

It worked, thank you!

1 Like