Edit Team Members

Hey everyone,

I have added a team member account in error, and I deleted it, however its still being displayed whenever I try to assign a task.
Not quite sure how to remove it, as my team licences doesn’t reflect this account, however, its still being displayed as if its being cached somewhere.

Any help in having this resolved would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi @Orane_Cole! This usually happens when the person was removed from a Team but not from the Organization itself!

If you’re in a free Organization, simply follwo the steps below to remove this member from the Organisation and you should be good to go!

1. Access any team’s Settings from the sidebar: How to Create, Join, and Manage teams in Asana | Product guide • Asana Product Guide
  2. Navigate to the Members tab
  3. Invite this person you want to remove: How to Create, Join, and Manage teams in Asana | Product guide • Asana Product Guide
  4. Immediately after inviting, find their name in the Members list, and use your mouse to hover over their name
  5. Click Remove
  6. Then, click Remove Access
  7. Finally, click Deprovision

Note that it is 3 clicks: Remove > Remove Access > Deprovision

You must click all 3. The second click removes the person from the team, and the third click fully removes them from your Organization. For a visual demonstration, please have a look at the GIF in this article: Setting up an organization in Asana | Product guide • Asana Product Guide

Let me know if you have any questions! :slight_smile: