How to delete Assignee from drop-down menu?

I have already removed the Member from Organisation, and removed from Team Member list 3 years ago. But for 3 years, every time I create a new task the Assignee still appears! How do I remove the assignee who isn’t even in our organisation anymore?

1 Like

hi @Lawrence_Ku, welcome to the Forum!

Please find more details and all the steps in this recent thread:

I hope this helps!

2 Likes

@Emily_Roman to this looks like a workaround rather than a normal solution.

1. This is quite a lot of manual work
  2. Invitation will send emails to those people. They will ask questions. I will have to explain.
  3. Since some of email addresses may no longer exist, this may trigger spam detection protocols.
    Much nicer (and pretty standard) solution would be if an organization would have a list of all the users that are registered with buttons to Deprovision or whatever.
5 Likes

This should be done. How crazy are those steps?

2 Likes

Thank you for your help. I think this process can be easier because I consider very tricky for a normal user.

How to completely remove team member so they don’t show up as suggested members to assign a task…

Okay so I finally found a way to do this without needing to do the workaround (above) of re-inviting and deleting / deprovisioning the team members.

Here’s what you do:

1 - Sign up for the Starter Plan. I just did the free trial and cancelled it after I removed all the old team members.

2 - Inside your Asana dashboard, in the top right corner click on your profile photo or the arrow to open up the dropdown menu.

3 - Select “Admin console”.

4 - Click on “Members”.

5 - From here you can find the members you want to remove either under the Members tab (if their email address is using your company’s domain “@yourcompany.com”) or under the Guests tab if their email address is not a part of your company’s domain (ie. “@gmail.com”).

6 - Click on the 3 dots next to the member you want to remove, then select Remove.

7 - You can leave the following settings as is, if you want to save the previous tasks assigned to them. Or you can untoggle the option at the top if you don’t need to save their tasks.

8 - Click on “Remove guest”.

***PLEASE NOTE: Once you’ve clicked on “Remove guest” you’ll only have about 5 seconds to undo this if you did it by accident. If you want to undo this removal, quickly tap on the three dots next to their name and select “Restore”. It will also notify the member via email, and it may take up to 30 minutes for the changes to take place.

You can also uninvite members who haven’t accepted your invitation yet. Here’s how:

1 - Follow Steps 1-4 above.

2 - Go to the tab labeled Invited. Click on the “x” next to the member you want to uninvite.

3 - You can leave the following settings as is, if you want to save the previous tasks assigned to them. Or you can untoggle the option at the top if you don’t need to save their tasks.

4 - Click on “Remove”.

***PLEASE NOTE: Once you’ve clicked on “Remove” you’ll not have the chance to undo this. You will simply need to resend the invitation like normal if you want to invite them again.

Smart solution. Thank you very much