Unable to map dependencies using the CSV Importer when the "blocked by" dependency includes a *comma* in the Task Name

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: Unable to map dependencies using the CSV Importer when the “blocked by” dependency includes a comma in the Task Name. This produces the following error preventing the user from using the designated column to map dependencies. This error is deceived because the CSV Importer is using a comma as the delimiter so that a single task can have multiple “blocked by” dependencies. The solution would be a unique character to represent the delimiter (e.g. a semicolon would be a more uncommon character IMO)

Steps to reproduce: Build a sample CSV like the one shown in the image below and the same error will be received:

Browser version: Google Chrome is up to date - Version 89.0.4389.114 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Upload screenshots below: Shown above.

Further mentions of this issue can be found here: CSV Import dependent tasks to a project - #28 by LEGGO

2 Likes

Hi @LEGGO, thanks for reporting this! I just tested with a test CSV doc and I was able to reproduce this issue. I’ve gone ahead and escalated this to our product team so we can investigate further!

3 Likes

Hello @Emily_Roman, has an ETA on a fix for this bug been identified?

Hi @Emily_Roman Can you kindly update me on this issue, please. I am working on a huge CSV and ASANA is blocking my dependents which has a comma in the task name.

you can’t have a comma in the task name (first column)