Unable to invite Guests via link

Hello, I am having difficulty inviting 3 externals individuals to my teams projects.

@anon29620930 it appears as though you might be working from a Workspace that doesn’t allow for Guests (those with different email domains). You can learn more about the differences between a Limited Access Member and a Guest here: Working with guests in an organization • Asana Product Guide

If you need to convert your Workspace to an Organization, you can do so by following these instructions: Workspace basics | Product guide • Asana Product Guide

@Emily_Roman anything else I am missing that might cause this behavior?

Hi @anon29620930, apologies for the trouble here!

As per the error message in your screenshot, it looks like you are trying to invite Guests via link instead of email. The shareable invite link should be used for Members (users that have an email address associated with your Organization), and the email option should be used for Guests (external users). See more details in this article.

Thanks for jumping in @LEGGO! I don’t link this is related to a Workspace since the message is indicating they must enter an email address associated to a specific domain, so they have an Organization.

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Emily,
I tried using the client’s email but it said it’s an external member and cannot be permitted.

This is becoming frustrating as we’re managing a huge business for them.

Could you please look into providing me with more details on how to fix this?

To defend @anon29620930 I get invited that way ALL THE TIME. So there is something broken in the interface, I always end up on a link saying I need to register, even though as a Guest I have access to the project I am trying to access.