Trigger rule when Sub-task issue move to Completed Status

Hi Guys,

Need one help in creating a rule which trigger when sub-task marks as completed. I am not able to find any trigger related to Sub-task only.
Can you please help me creating a custom rule or trigger which run only for Sub-tasks, any workaround ?

Hi @Vikrant.Yadav ,

If you hit the Customize menu (top right), then Rules> Add rules> Create custom rule and for the ‘When’ trigger, select this from the list on the right:

and then switch the dropdown to ‘All subtasks’

Hope that helps!

2 Likes

Hi @Richard_Sather This rule run when all sub-tasks moved to Completed status,right ? I want to run rule when one out of 5 sub-tasks moves to Completed status then set custom field value for that sub-task only.

Ah, then in that case, you would leave the completion status default to ‘Tasks’ and instead change the default setting to ‘run on tasks and subtasks’.

Unfortunately, it cannot be ONLY subtasks, however, a great 3rd-party integration called Flowsana.net can do that for you.

2 Likes

Hi @Vikrant.Yadav

In addition to what Richard shared, another way to mitigate this is to work with custom fields.
You can introduce custom fields to the project, and create one that once a a field is changed, it triggers the action you need.

You can work with the project to ensure that custom fields are updated when your tasks / subtasks are completed.

It is a lengthy work around, but could achieve what you are after.

2 Likes

Thanks @Rashad_Issa I created a new custom field with name "Task Type"with option Standard and sub-tasks, and apply condition in rule so that rule trigger only for Sub-tasks task type.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.