Tracking multiple issues on tasks

My immediate reaction to “this relies heavily on Excel” invokes the thought you could hire the same programmer that I used to create CSV To Asana Simple List Generator- My Gift To Community - #42 by James_Carl and probably have everything you need converted from a CSV export to your own custom CSV to PDF File report including calculating fields. I got him from Upworks and had about $200 into the whole project. You could use the engine of my program and have him customize to your needs. Make sure if you use a lot of sub-tasks to make a conscious effort to assign the parent project to a subtask as they will be project-orphaned if you don’t. If you use a Windows platform let me know if you want me to make an introduction. I think it is one of those things that you will need to test to see if it works and you get the data you are looking for. If it becomes burdensome, I think you still have the option of an Issues Project and multi-homing tasks to actual project and a specified section for issues that by multi-homing show up in both the Issues Project using sections by type of issue and under the actual project in a section called issues. More than one way, but there are solutions as @Laura_Johnson indicates. There have been a number of posts on plus and minuses of using subtasks To Subtask or not to Subtask