Tracking completion of recurring tasks

I am looking for a way to use recurring tasks to see what days a particular task gets done. I want to be able to see that I did task “A” as complete on the days it was done and keep it as “incomplete” on the days that it wasn’t done. As in, leave the task listed as incomplete on Monday, but still show as a new to do task on Tuesday, and then at the end of the week I can see clearly which days it got done and which it didn’t-this is something I want to utilize to increase productivity in the long run (to see what things may not need to be done on certain days, to see what is blocking a task from being completed, etc…)

I searched the forum and I tried a few of the suggestions, like making a weekly task and marking all the days instead of doing it as daily (which the poster said would make the system create the task for the next day regardless of if it was complete or not…) I can’t seem to find a way to do what I need it to do.

Is there an integration or anything that I can use to override the way Asana handles recurring tasks, if there isn’t a way to do this within Asana itself?

Thanks!!

1 Like

Hi @Gina_Marie and thanks for your questions :wave:

You might consider trying some additional Asana tools called “iDO tools”; one of them is dedicated to create Asana recurring tasks, differently than the native Asana way (creating them all at once, instead of only one task).
https://minimalist-work.com/asana/recurring-tasks

It’s freemium: you can use it for free, except if you want to benefit from the advanced features.

Hope that helps in your use-case,

Let me know if you have questions about the iDO tools

2 Likes