"Today" section in My Tasks not going away

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: Usually the “Today” section in My Tasks only appears if I actually have something due today, but suddenly it will not go away (even though I have no tasks due today). There seems to be a blank task inside of “Today,” and every time I try to delete it, it says “1 item deleted” but it doesn’t actually go away. (Note: I have the sort on My Tasks set to “None”).

Steps to reproduce: This started happening yesterday. I went to My Tasks and saw a blank item in the “Today” section and I couldn’t delete it. I wasn’t doing anything out of the ordinary before this happened.

Browser version: Chrome 75.0.3770.100

Upload screenshots below:

54%20AM

Hi @Amanda_Chang :wave: Thank you for taking time to report this.

We are in the process of changing the behaviour"Today, Upcoming and Later" Section in My Tasks. These Sections will now appear permanently, even if they don’t contain any task in it (See screenshoot attached)

Please, let me know if you have any follow-up questions! Have a great week! :grinning:

The sections ‘Today’ and ‘Later’ are empty in my current task view. Since a couple of days they don’t dissapear anymore when empty. I am using the ‘Incomplete tasks’ view and ‘Sort’ is set to none. I am not using those sections. Is it possible to not show them when they are empty?

Hi @Robin_Nijenhuis and welcome to the Forum!

We already have a thread on this topic, so i’ve gone ahead and merged your post with this existing thread. Have a look at the post above from my colleague @Natalia for more details on this topic!

Hope this helps!

Natalia, I dont ever see tasks in my Upcoming and Later Sections. Today is the first time I see one in my Today Section. How often is the report in these sections refreshed?

Thank you!

Hi Natalia,

Please put this behind a user-configurable (or even workspace-configurable) setting. We’ve used Asana for years and have deliberately chosen not to use these sections and instead use our own with custom labels and company-wide implemented user behaviour. The new flow of automatically shifting tasks is not working in a positive way for us… :frowning:

2 Likes

HI @Rachel_Botts!:wave:

These are the ways to place a Task in your Today Section:

• You can hover over the task name and click the icon next to the task’s due date to mark it for Today
  • You can use the shortcut Tab-Y
  • You can manually drag and drop the task to the Today Section

Also task with due dates that have been marked as Upcoming will automatically move to Today at midnight on the day of the task’s due date.

You can learn more about My Tasks in the following article: How to Get Started With Asana My Tasks | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide

I hope this helps! :grinning:

Hi @Danny_de_Wit and thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us!

I can understand why this new change is not working in a positive way for you and your team. Iv’e gone ahead and filed a task for the PM in charge of this feature, for them to review your feedback. While I can’t promise this will become an optional feature, I’ll make sure to keep you posted here as soon as I have some updates on my end!

Have a nice Thursday!

I also have the same problem–these sections should be optional. They’ve added extra sections to My Tasks that we will never use, and they’re confusing the display.

1 Like

Hi There - I’m having an issue with my today, upcoming and later tasks not populating automatically. Currently I have tasks that are scheduled for today and tomorrow, but they never move down at midnight like they’re supposed to. Can you help?