Timeline - view multiple projects together

I am also looking forward to having this feature implemented. A timeline across all projects would be extremely valuable from a management perspective.

5 Likes

+1 This would be really helpful

1 Like

Unfortunately Asana isn’t tailored for Project Managers, who needs to have an overview of many projects and many people. This is a big missing feature, like the inability to filter your notifications (inbox) by project.

4 Likes

Hi,

+1, I need to report the progress on several projects that have no link between them, I guess I need to find a report for each project then merge each of the projects reports together.

@Asana: when is this planned to be released? Thank you

1 Like

@Francesco_Canovi we solve this deficiency by using tags - I use the tag “Client Milestone” for the tasks where we deliver our work to our client. Note that we have 40+ discrete ongoing projects in the program that I manage, and this method gives us the ability to build reports (“Searches” in Asana nomenclature) that give us visibility across all projects in terms of deadlines.

2 Likes

That’s a pretty good idea @dean.clough , and it lead me to another. What if a tag included a timeline view. Tags already have a list, calendar, and file view. This would create the ability to configure a custom Timeline based on a tag that you could add to any Task you wanted on a Timeline and only the Tasks you wanted on a Timeline. It would provide for a highly customizable Timeline while building on functions (tags and timelines) that already exists in Asana.

Having more than one Project on a Timeline would be valuable, but having control over exactly what Tasks are in a Timeline would be invaluable.

5 Likes

Also looking to have this feature implemented. Definitely a must have. It seems as well from a project management perspective that projects ending / starting dates depend on one another and it should be implemented accordingly.

2 Likes

We are also needing this feature. So consider this another +1!
Hopefully we will hear when this will be implemented! Thanks!!!

1 Like

+1 on this feature, I really hope we see it soon, as we are right in the middle of trying to plan out 2019 for our team and we need the full timeline view so we can properly plan and staff. I unfortunately assumed that this would be a standard feature in Asana!

If a commonality (say, a “communications” column, abides across multiple projects), would it safe to say that it feed the timelines across these projects?

Thanks, Samuel

Hi! We love Asana…have been using it for years and recently upgraded so we could use the Timeline feature. On an individual project basis…it is excellent. But if a Project Manager wants to see what tasks are coming complete this week across all projects, there is no combined view timeline. So we end up maintaining our current excel gantt chart. Surely the wonderful developers at Asana can whip this up!? If its a current project (not archived) and there are tasks added to the individual timeline…you should be able to hit a “Master Timeline” button and see Project Name and then any Tasks. Please make this!!!

11 Likes

So, portfolios are introduced to asana. We can now track the progress of multiple projects in one overview.

But why is there no timeline or calendar view for portfolios?

7 Likes

I agree. This feels like the main value of the whole Portfolio idea to me… tracking multiple projects in a centralized roadmap. Otherwise, as it is now, it just feels like a glorified “folder”. Particularly if you plan to use Portfolios to get a combined view of things like Product Initiatives summarizing up into a centralized roadmap view, or multiple marketing campaigns running in sequence, the portfolio-level Timeline View is going to be critical. I wish this was available at launch.

2 Likes

Hi @sarah_stern, is there any update regarding this feature? do you know if it was developed yet and if so, how can we view tasks from multiple projects on same timeline.

YES!!! I agree!!! This will give us better visibility if there are several items due in that same week and this will help manage the chaotic timing better. And for this reason, I am still using instagantt.

100% would like this feature as well. In fact it is a must for us in the medium to long term. Being able to see a time line of all projects would be fantastic. If a project overruns (as it often does) it would be very useful to see that in a time line and adjust the other projects accordingly. Would make a huge difference!

Hi Terri,

Hope this new feature comes up soon. We are en Engineering company. so we have many projects but we use same resources for all of them. So it’s imperative for us see all projects in 1 timeline view. We used Wrike and they had this feature, so hope ASANA can make it too.

Thanks and please keep us post it!

Exactly! we are forced to do the same, use a spreadsheed to view the resources of all projects.

BTW, I just found a nice tool to work with. It’s called Instagantt.com and works quite nice with ASANA.

May Asana could integrate this tool in their system.

3 Likes

Hi @sarah_stern, is there any update on the timeline and/ or calendar view for multiple projects. At the moment the portfolio view isn’t very useful for managing resources and timeframes for each individual team member.