Show tasks and milestones per project in Portfolio Timeline

The portfolio feature is nice, but it has some limitations. Within the time line i would like to be able to see Milestone and tasks, not just milestone.

Hi @Scott_Goddard, welcome to the Community Forum!

The Portfolio Timeline allows you to visualise all projects of your Portfolio in a Timeline view, but I’m afraid it doesn’t allow you to see these projects at the task level. If you’re looking to see tasks across multiple projects, simply multi-home all tasks of these projects in a Master Project > it will allow you to see all tasks of these projects and in a Timeline view!

Hope this helps!

Hi @Emily_Roman, assigning all taks to a Master Project is a very inefficient way to create a timeline overview of multiple projects. Being able to see the individual tasks / milestones in the Portfolio Timeline or see combine timelines of multiple projects would be a better solution. The Timeline feature of Portfolios is now really useless.

1 Like

I agree with Rolf and Scott. If there were a way to select a project in Timeline view and expand to see all tasks – like add a + to each project to expand or collapse it, that would give us the flexibility to see a quick, simple due date view or a more comprehensive task view. It’s really inefficient to have to click through every project individually to see task status.

1 Like

Thanks for the confirmation @Kim_Ethridge. Since most of our colleagues work on multiple project it’s really essential to have an overview with multiple projects in order to make an effective planning.