Timeline Is Messy

Hi all - I am setting up a new project, and it is quite a large project. I am loving the timeline, however once I set the dependencies and look at the timeline, its very confusing/messy. Is there a way to have it look more like a clean “gantt” chart.

Thanks much!

2 Likes

Why is it messy? I figure that if you have many tasks and many dependencies I will be messy isn’t it? You can also check out Instagantt maybe the result will suits you better!

1 Like

I’ve abandoned trying to use the timeline since it’s always such a mess & I find it so difficult to read. Tasks are scattered around vertically with no apparent organization. I really just want something that looks like SmartSheet. WRIKE also does a great job with seamless switching between a task list and gantt chart…are we going to get there on this platform?

4 Likes

@Bastien_Siebman I second this - when starting by building a project in list view (much faster then timeline) and then moving to timeline, the tasks are scattered vertically, making something like an annual content calendar for 2x newsletters a week a TOTAL mess. Ideally Asana would stack the tasks to minimize vertical scroll instead of just adding each new task below the one created before in timeline

5 Likes