Third party app integration with Dynamic Mapping

Hi, I am new to developing on Asana.

I will like to build a third party integration app that creates a task in Asana based on data from the third party platform. For example, the third party platform can be Zendesk. So I will like to create an Asana task on behalf of users based on the data from Zendesk. The Asana user installing this integration should have the option of filling in fields with the data that they need from the integration app.

I have experience building apps on monday.com. To accomplish the above in monday, app developers can use dynamic mapping to map data from third party platfroms to monday’s item fields. I am wondering if Asana has something similar ? When building an integration on Asana, how can users dynamically map the third party data to Asana task fields.

Reading the Asana dev docs, Incoming Web Requests is the closest I have seen to accomplishing the above. It is however still in beta and limited to Asana Business and Enterprise.

If it is not possible to dynamically map in Asana like in monday, what are my alternatives ?

Hi @Hakeem_Baba and welcome to the forum,

Looking at the documentation ink you posted, sorry to say that Asana does not have the mapping feature you’re inquiring about. You’ll have to do the mappings yourself between external apps and Asana in your own integration code.

The incoming web requests feature doesn’t have anything to do with mappings. It lets you trigger an Asana rule based on an external event, but you’ll still need to do any field mappings in your own code.

Hi @Phil_Seeman , thanks for your answer. I appreciate it

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.