⚖ The new Asana tiers: what we gain, what we lose

Not according to what they’ve said in the Partner channel (which I can’t post publicly); according to that info, new-plan limits are what they’re calling “soft limits” and won’t be enforced initially. I thought the initial enforcement date was “2025” but now looking again, I see it says “a date hasn’t been set yet”. (I’ve updated my above post accordingly.)

@Marie could you confirm that my understanding is correct? Thanks!

2 Likes

You’re correct @Phil_Seeman! Right now these limits aren’t technically enforced. I don’t think we’ve set a date yet, but I’ll keep you in the loop once we do!

3 Likes

Is the Business (Advanced) limit of 20 portfolios a per-person limit?

Hi @Lara_Strain,

No, it’s for the organization as a whole.

1 Like

Ugh, that’s a big bummer :worried:

3 Likes

I agreed, @Carolee_McCall_Smith ! That why it gets a :-1:

@Lara_Strain , thanks for asking - I’ve elaborated on the description to make it clearer now.

2 Likes

The portfolio limit is so disappointing. We’ll have to completely change how we use Asana with that limit.

1 Like

I just finished a setup for a client that heavily relies on portfolios. This change is not great… 20 portfolios? That’s an extremely low number

@Carlo , @Cj_Pettus , @Carolee_McCall_Smith , @Lara_Strain I’ve gone ahead and created this separate Product Feedback topic where you can add your voices and vote on this:

8 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Users limits and Basic → Personal added, @lpb
I’m thinking to exclude Enterprise and Enterprise+ from this post, for the time being.

2 Likes

Thanks, Richard; great resource!

Totally your call, but would it help to just provide this much information for completeness’ sake?

no before plan → Enterprise

Note that this new plan uses the name “Enterprise” but is not the same as the old plan named “Enterprise” (see next category). This new plan offers a subset of all Enterprise-level features at a lower-price point than the next plan below. (More details may be added here later.)

Enterprise → Enterprise+

The most comprehensive Asana plan has been renamed. (More details may be added here later.)

Thanks,

Larry

3 Likes

Done!

3 Likes

Hi folks! This was a bug and it’s now fixed, so you should see external actions available with the Starter plan :slight_smile:

@Richard_Sather can you please update your post accordingly?

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification @Marie ! Post updated :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very funny to have a limit on the number of times a rule is triggered. I’m sorry to say but this is flat out ridiculous. Would never purchase a plan with such limits. Would make more sense to block some features like any other software, but this just makes no sense.

2 Likes

Welcome, @Hesham_Eissa,

Other popular automation/connector apps have similar usage limits too:

Thanks,

Larry

2 Likes

Doesn’t make it any more reasonable. Limit the number of rules, or block any other features, but a limit for every time a task is moved from one section to another etc… just doesn’t make sense, and doesn’t justify paying more for a higher tier plan either.

2 Likes

@Hesham_Eissa Why is that particular limit any less reasonable than the other limits you mention which it seems you would find reasonable?

1 Like

Because I believe the subscription tiers and the features they offer should correlate to the size of business it targets. In the example I mentioned, a bigger company or a more complex project would require a bigger number of rules or more advanced features, so there is a motivation to upgrade to a higher tier subscription. While a limit on the number of times a rule triggers doesn’t reflect the size of the business or project nor does it motivate to upgrade to a higher tier. I could be a tiny business and have some rules that trigger a 100 times per day. With that limit I’m only motivated to find alternatives to Asana not upgrade to higher tier. Makes sense?