Template Project with different assignees

I have a template for a project that repeats for different customers. However, the different customers have different contacts from our company so each time I create a project from the template, those tasks should be assigned to the customer specific contact. Is there a way to mark all the tasks assigned to the customer contact so that it can auto fill them all when I identify who it is for that specific instance?

Hi @Lou_Bukiet, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

Currently, you would need to assign each task manually if you wish to assign it to different customer contacts each time the project template is used.

I’ve gone ahead and moved your post to the #productfeedback category to give you and other Community members the opportunity to vote for this feature. Hopefully this is something our Product team can implement.

I’ll let you know if I have any updates :slight_smile:

This is quite hard to do, and would require automation and probably custom coding. I recommend the following: using a “Future assignee” dropdown in the template with values like “Bob”-“Alex”-“Client contact”, and when you create the project based on the template, you multi-select all tasks with the same future assignee and manually assign them all at once. It might take a few seconds, but that will be easier and cheaper I believe that setting up an automation.

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

+1 on this task for me. It would be great if there was an option to select the assignee when you create the project from the template (in the same way that you can select the due date for the project, and then rules create tasks based on that.)