Template list different in Team and Create A Project views

Starting from the Home screen, Projects > Create Project > Use a template lists some custom templates from the team library (listed as custom organization library templates):

However, opening the Team screen lists a different set of templates:

Are the templates created in the Team not part of the Organization library? We are currently using Asana as a Team but plan to move to a Division model as we expand usage. What is the correct method to allow templates to be visible to any team in a division?

The first screenshot shows all org templates, while the second shows templates in the team. My understanding is that all templates from the second screenshot should be found in the first one, that is not the case?

1 Like

Yes, the team is part of the organization. The second screen templates (appearing from selecting the team name (Substation Test) ) lists additional templates that do not appear in the first screen (the templates from the first screen appear as Projects in the second screen). The only that is common to both lists is the last one from the second screen. It appears in the middle of the list (possibly alpha numeric order since the first character is a left bracket). The other seven do not appear in the first list. They were create before the Beta Templates section was available in Asana.

Now I have a second question. Can I move a project identified as a template to the Template section or otherwise have Asana understand it is a template and automatically include it in the Template section rather than the Project Section?

For your first issue, I’ll ask for @Emily_Roman and @Rebecca_McGrath 's help…

Regarding your second question, based on my test I would say that the template section on the screen will be hosting “Templates V2” which are created using the new template creation process, while old templates (project converted to templates) don’t seem to show up there.

Emily and Rebecca will be able to confirm!

Hi @Gerald_Garcia, thanks for reaching out!

Projects Templates can be set to Private to your Team. Are the templates that are not showing in the first screenshot set as Private to your Substation Test team?

You can find this out by hovering over a template and clicking the 3 dot icon > Edit template.

Looking forward to hearing back from you :slight_smile:

Hello @Rebecca_McGrath ,

Thank you for your reply. What Asana screen/view contains the ellipsis that has “Edit template” as a dropdown menu option?

When you hover over the template in the Team Overview page (the same page shown in your screenshot), the 3 dot icon should appear if you have edit access to the template. If not, you will need to reach out to the template owner.

Does this help?

Hello @Rebecca_McGrath ,

Thank you for the clarification. I created these templates and everyone on the team has edit permission. The team is a subset of our organization. The one template that is visible from the “from the Home screen, Projects > Create Project > Use a template” view is no different in permissions than all that are visible from the Team screen view. I don’t understand why the rest in the Team screen view are not visible in the Home screen, Projects > Create Project > Use a template view.

Hi @Gerald_Garcia, thanks for following up. Apologies for the delayed response!

I recommend reaching out to our Support team directly with a screencast of this issue along with the URL to the project templates. As our Support team has access to additional tools that we don’t have here on the Community team, they’ll be able to look into this further for you.

You can contact them by following these steps: How to contact our Support Team ✉

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.