Techsoup cost for Asana

I’ve been using free Asana for a while but as my team has grown I really need to the fuller functionality of a paid version. As a 501©(3), we have used techsoup for non-profit pricing on tech and Asana’s partnering with them is what drew me to it over other PM applications in the first place. But if I’m understanding correctly, it seems as though while I get a 50% discount through techsoup, I have to pay a $73 admin fee every year which eats up most of what I’ve saved in the discount for only two people. Seems a steep admin fee and not much savings unless you have a large team. Am I missing something?

I saw there was some kind of discount in April/May. Wish I would have seen that.

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for reaching out. You are correct, nonprofit organizations need to re-apply to TechSoup each year to verify their continued eligibility for the program.

I certainly understand your frustration here, especially since you’re on the smallest team plan we have available. That said, know that once you are enrolled as a member of the Asana for Nonprofits program, you not only redeem 50% off your choice of annual plan, but also have access to the Asana Advisor program, where you’re able to request free 1 hour consultations with Asana employees, who volunteer their time and expertise, ensuring you and your team are successful with Asana.

We know you’ll feel the added value of this critical enablement support versus paying full price without this benefit.

Let me know if you have any additional questions

That just seems stupid, quite honestly. So you offer a discount that is not a discount. So why pretend. Just tell those of us from the nonprofit world the truth I just spent several hours on chat and email discovering - there is no discount. Geez, that makes me feel a little crappy about Asana. Now that our team has grown, we’d love to pay Asana rather than move after years working here, but paying $27/mo is not affordable for many small but growing nonprofits. Very disappointed in how you are going about not giving us discounts.