Tasks with due times are not sorting at the top correctly on the Web and iOS application

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
Tasks that have due times are sorting at the bottom of the list in project view if you sort by due date. Task with due dates should sort at the top first then tasks with no due dates below.

Steps to reproduce:
Make multiple tasks and set the due date to today. Create a task and set it to Today at 8am. Create another task and set it to Today at 9am. Assign them to the same project. Go into project list view and sort them by due date. Notice the tasks with due times are sorted at the bottom of the list for the day. They should be at the top.

Browser version:

Upload screenshots below:

1 Like

Here is a screenshot

Welcome to the Forum @Siavash_Ghamaty and thank you for taking time to report this and for providing the screenshot.

I wasn’t able to reproduce it myself neither in web nor IOS. It seems to work fine for me.
(please see screenshot attached)

In order to investigate and escalate this would you mind trying to reproduce it with a different browsers and incognito windows and let me know if you experience the same behaviour? Can you also share the URL of the 2 tasks with due time that are incorrectly sorted?

Thank you for your help! Looking forward to your reply!

Thanks @Natalia .

Here is the link to the two tasks that are not sorting:

Browser is Safari on my ipad. Also occurs on Chrome and Safari on my macbook pro

Thank you @Siavash_Ghamaty!

I have filed a Task for the Engineering Team and I’ll keep you posted as soon as I get an update!

Have a nice Friday!

Than you you too

Happy holidays and happy new year. Im still seeing this across my other projects as well. I thought i’d share. Let me know if there is any work around

Hi @Siavash_Ghamaty and happy new year to you and yours!

I took a look into the bug @Natalia filed on your behalf and can confirm it has been reviewed and acknowledged by our team. I currently don’t have an ETA for a resolution, but we’ll be sure to keep you posted as soon as we have an update on our end!

Sounds good thank you!

This bug still is happening for me on the web, same as before. Are there any new updates from the team? Let me know thanks everyone!

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you @Siavash_Ghamaty

Unfortunately I don’t have further information to share regarding this issue but rest ensure that I’ll keep you posted as soon as I do!

Thank you for your patience @Siavash_Ghamaty! Have a nice day!

Hi this is still not fixed. it’s a pretty basic requirement.

1 Like

Are there any updates about this?
Just started to see this few days ago. Till then it was all fine.

1 Like

I have the same thing happening with my Asana, it started on 5/25/21 after an update.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue, too.

1 Like

Same problem for us, since a few days ago

1 Like

Also having the same problem, any solutions for this?

1 Like

This issue is maddening - everything was fine until a week to two ago and then randomly all the tasks with times sort to the bottom of that day rather than the top.

It looks like this has been open since Dec 2019 - come on Asana, help us out!

Same problem, really annoying! Please restore the previous order…