Tag and Project selection has become less convenient

Important note: To help us resolve your issue as quickly as possible, please ensure to fill out all the sections below. Do not share any private information such as email addresses or phone numbers - This is a public Forum!

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
Typing into Tag or Project fields on tasks and then pressing enter is not selecting the option at the top of the search results list. This functionality appears to have broken with a recent Asana update.

Steps to reproduce:

1. enter text into the Add Tag or Add Project fields of a task
  2. when the text you enter brings the desired tag to the top of the search list, press enter
    Result: Search text is cleared and item is not selected.
    (Expected Result: The top item in the search results list is selected.)

Browser version:
Version 1.50.114 Chromium: 112.0.5615.49 (Official Build) (64-bit)

What version of Asana are you using (Basic/Premium/Business/Enterprise)?
Basic

I am also experiencing this. Same goes for adding a 2nd project to an existing project. Typing and pressing enter no longer works. You have to manually click on the tag or project you want added.

Hi @David_L_Kaplan and @Steven_Arnold sorry to hear that! I can’t seem to be able to replicate this issue on my end. It works fine both for tags and projects. Can you confirm if the issue persists in a different browser and or in an incognito window?

Hi Vanessa, yes, I get the same issue in an incognito window, on Firefox, and Chrome.

I type in some characters. The dropdown options change according to what I typed. Then I hit enter. The characters I typed disappear, and nothing has been added to the field.

tags
Heres the issue. When typing a tag and pressing enter, the tag removes itself without adding to the project. You have to re-type it out, and click the tag you want to add instead of pressing enter.
This is labor intensive, esp. for adding multiple tags to one project at a time.

Exactly, and by contrast the UI is not broken in other parts of the application. It is still working properly on the fields on advanced search for example.

if I type a tag and it exists, a simple down arrow or an Enter would suffice. Instead I have use constantly go to the mouse and click the tag. Why?

Hi everyone, thank you so much for all the additional information. I have escalated this to our Developers for investigation and will let you know once there’s any update.

2 Likes

This appears to be working for me again today in my normal working environment (Chromium).

Hi @David_L_Kaplan, thank you for confirming! Our Developers have confirmed that a fix has been implemented, so I’m closing this bug for now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.