Tab + S to create subtask no longer works in spreadsheet view

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
With the list changes to the new spreadsheet view, the keyboard shortcut to create a subtask no longer works when the task detail pane is not open.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Navigate to a project
  2. Hover over the name of a section and click the + button to add a new task
  3. Type the name for the task. Note that the cursor acts as a textbox in the text name column but the task details pane is closed.
  4. Press Tab + S
  5. No subtask is created. You must first open the task details pane by finding the details button far enough to the right of the task name before the keyboard shortcut works. This breaks the keyboard workflow since the mouse is now required and you can’t quickly create tasks with subtasks.

Browser version:
Chrome version 81.0.4044.113 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Upload screenshots below:

HI @Connor_O_Shea, and thanks for reaching out! This is actually an expected behaviour when your task pane isn’t open. If you haven’t yet, I would recommend adding your vote to Certain shortcuts (like Add Description/Subtasks/Tags/etc.) should automatically open Task Details if needed!

Hope this helps!

Thanks Marie. I voted for that feedback. This expected behavior is bizarre to me.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback @Connor_O_Shea, this is super useful as pur engineers will closely look at feedback over the next couple of days to decide on next iterations. So hopefully this can be fixed soon!

See also related:

Larry