Swimlanes and Kanban boards

+1

+1

+1

1 Like

+1 Swimlanes are the perfect complement to Kanban boards, allowing to classify the tasks in more ways than just their progress. I would love to see this feature in Asana as soon as possible.

2 Likes

+1

+1

+1 would really benefit from swimlanes. seems like a no brainer to have

2 Likes

Horizontal swim lanes would be incredible. Digital kanban boards typically allow these to be autogenerated based on criteria. For example, the ability to set swim lanes according to task owner, priority level, sections, etc. Basically, a swim lane could be based off of Asana Fields. Toggling swim lanes for Fields, owners, and Sections would be a powerful way to visualize and manage tasks.

5 Likes

I have used Jira Kanban/Srumboard for years. Now working with Asana Board is almost like Back To The Future :slight_smile:
Please add swim-lane for Board so we can filter cards based on:

• Assignee
  • Subtask displays on Board and can be moved between columns as well.
  • Project
  • etc…
4 Likes

+1 - This is such an obvious addition and can be lifted from so many of your competitors.

Also, this thread is years old… is there any confirmation of this actually being on a roadmap for development? I ask simply as future (more complicated) projects will make this type of organisation a necessity. And if we can’t get any sort of confirmation whether this is actually in the pipeline then I will have to look into the use case for switching away from Asana.

4 Likes

I’d really love this functionality too! Simple, yet powerful! We are switching to Asana from Roadmunk, who btw have this functionality, so please add as soon as you can! Seems like its been requested for many years now!

+1 Kanban is an essential way to work these days and Asana needs more features like swimlanes to make them useful. Please let us know if you are considering this!

1 Like

I need urgent swimmlanes, now.

1 Like

Would be useful to have swimlane either by tag, initiative, people in the kanban board.

It’s right now hard to scroll the list with many tasks and participants.

1 Like

Adding my vote to swim lanes in Kanban / board view.

2 Likes

Yes, we too need swimlanes. We want an overview of tasks by team or department. Our columns are basically To Do, Doing, Done (with some variations) and we want to see what’s going on within each department. Otherwise it’s just a lot of visual clutter, very difficult to read. Would also love to filter by assignee, since one assignee may be on more than one team.

4 Likes

Swimlanes would make board view much more clear and understandable at a glance. Please add this!

4 Likes

Swimlanes by Parent Task / None would be SO USEFUL in our software development process. Currently, we are moving subtasks of User Stories on the Board, however, we completely lack context of the User Story in question and how much the User Story “has left”. User Story has members that are crunching subtasks of that User Story - however, now it’s difficult to see only tasks related to a particular User Story.

So Swimlanes by Parent Task / None: +100!

3 Likes

Agree 1000% with this need. Tagging is okay - basically the same as Trello. Swimlanes would be a huge help. Here’s a feature like this in another product - but I actually want the categories to be the same (coordinating our efforts across teams for future releases).

2 Likes

Hey Asana – wondering where you all are on this @anon96673572 and @Asana_Admin3 really curious as to where you all are in the development of swimlane features. I’m working on a few projects across different divisions and departments – and agree that swimlanes will be extremely useful. Any response will be greatly appreciated from all your dedicated customers.

Thanks,
Nicole Long

4 Likes