Feature Request: Swim Lanes on Kanban Boards

Please add the ability to use collapsible Swim Lanes on Kanban boards.

Swim lanes allow for cards to be put into various categories. My team likes to do this by phases/milestones on a project. It’s a really important visual indicator/separator that helps the team feel more productive.

3 Likes

I had the same thought. Also can the cards be coloured?

3 Likes

Is it possible to add a default assignee to a Column on a Board. For example I have a review column and the reviewer in this project is always the same person. As the task is moved to the column I would like the assignment done automatically.

1 Like

Default assignees aren’t possible at this time. However, one workaround I can think of is to create a template task and to copy the assignee when you copy the template. It sounds like that probably isn’t what you’re looking for but it’s worth a shot!

Please add swim lanes!

1 Like

Yes, +1 for collapsible swim lanes. Extremely useful if you have sequential activity running in parallel in the same project.

Is there any movement on this?
Swimlanes are kinda important for kanban, without them its hard to use asana that way.

1 Like

Agree that this would be super helpful! Our kanban board for our marketing teams has a lot going on and it would be great to be able to add an extra layer of organization.