Support for Customizable Keyboard Shortcuts

Just saw that this very reasonable post has been locked, and I can’t seem to find any other open thread about this ongoing issue: Reinstate direct keyboard shortcuts for today, upcoming, and later in my tasks

As this user pointed out, the organization shortcut is now…pointless. The idea was that you could do this in one stroke, as that is the point of a keyboard shortcut. But right now, it is two steps. I don’t understand why we can’t simply highlight/select the tasks in question, and use a keyboard command/shortcut (don’t care if it’s the Tab + U/Y/etc system there was before, or a new command,) to organize those.

The current version is absolutely meaningless, as I have to click on something to get the window to pop open, in which case, if I’m doing two steps, I might as well just click again to select the category. But I can’t even tell you how many hours I’ve already lost just from this feature change. And why?

These kinds of choices are really making me disheartened by the Dev team and Asana. Why remove features ever if they aren’t causing issues?

The customer support team I spoke with about this months ago indicated that they have no intention of addressing this, so posting it here in the hopes that the other people who hate this decision will see it before this thread is magically locked because Asana doesn’t want to address the issue or keep receiving open feedback. Hopefully everyone hasn’t already hopped ship to Trello by now…

2 Likes