Sums of numerical custom fields

BTW the reason for that is that the fields have to be able to hold the designators “d”, “w”, and “m” for days, weeks, and months; that’s why they’re text and not number fields.

Phil, appreciate the explanation as I had wondered about that, makes sense now. I guess if Asana had a dedicated “time” type field, you could use that and it may have inherent recognition of the notion of “hour,” “week” etc. I know other apps can handle that.

Thanks!

Is there a way to disable automatic section summing? I do not want to some of the task numeric fields to sum as a section total.

1 Like

Hi Phil, In regards to multi select items, this was a handy trick until we reached the 50 items limitations :frowning:

1 Like

I’m trying to setup a couple of totals columns to sum up between 2, 3, 4, and 5 different cells in a row. I’ve set the column function to SUM but it just refuses to sum up. I’ve also tried the formula option but that only allows two cells. Anyone able to help?

Hi @Rob_Feltrin , indeed the new formula field currently only supports calculations between two columns within a row.

Hopefully Asana will support more than two columns in the near future!

For the functions to work within a single column (like SUM), make sure you are using a number-type custom field. Functions will not work with text-type custom fields that simply contain numbers.