Make custom field sums up per section optional

Please let me know how to turn the section totals of numeric custom fields off - as some fields I use are codes or other numbers that don’t need to be added together - so an off/on switch for each field would be most appreciated.

1 Like

Bi @Tim_Grose and thanks for sharing this great feedback with us, I completely understand where you’re coming from with this, so I’ve gone ahead and escalated a task to our Product team to consider for future updates, and I’ve converted your post into a brand new #productfeedback thread to allow other community members to support your idea!

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m working in magazine publishing. One of my custom number fields is for page numbers. I’m seeing the totals at the end of each section, but I’d like to see the total for the entire project - maybe at the end of the column? Is that possible? Would be helpful to know if we’re hitting our page target for the entire issue.

1 Like

Welcome to the Forum @anon15640839 and thank you for reaching out!

You are correct here. As it stands, only sections are automatically calculated and not the entire project. There is an existing thread requesting this functionality so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with it to consolidate feedback! I hope it’s OK.

In the meantime, if your project has less than 50 tasks you could multi-select them and the total page numbers result will be displayed in the toolbar shown at the bottom. Please see the example on the screenshot attached.

I hope this helps Jessica! Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with!

Has this been resolved? Is there a way to sum up multiple sections for a TOTAL SUM?

1 Like

Yes, this would be very helpful feature to add. Thank you for sharing these workarounds @Natalia.

1 Like

If I’m not mistaken, this has been resolved.
Try this: