Summarize subtasks numeric value (like section totals)

I have numeric customized fields which are not summarized into their main task.

Am I doing something wrong or this just don´t work like I think?

i.e.:
Task 1 - Prepare computer / Estimated Hours = SUM (subtasks estimaded hours like section totals) = 15 h
Subtask 1.1. - Hard Drive / Estimated Hours = 10 h
Subtask 1.2. - OS temp files scan = 5 h

1 Like

Hi @Carlos_Orozco,

The sum is only possible with section totals for tasks.
@Bastien_Siebman do you have a solution thanks to your tools?

2 Likes

Indeed Julien is right, that feature does not exist. I don’t have something ready but this is definitely feasible and not hard, in case @Carlos_Orozco you want to automate such a behavior reach out to me!

1 Like

Thanks for your answer.

I hope Asana includes this feature soon

Regards

1 Like

Bastien. I’m trying to make a recommendation to my team to use parent and subtasks cards to track 3 different types of tasks for capacity planning. For the supporting visual, it would be GREAT if the subtasks totals could be summarized at the parent card-level, and of course, if a subtask value changes, that should also update the parent card equivalent accordingly. Are you saying this is something you can help one create? I see this string was from 2021. Perhaps this is now built in Asana and ready to point me to (I hope. I hope)?! Please advise.

This is currently not in Asana unless you use the native time tracking feature now available!

Otherwise thanks to custom code this is indeed something we can automate. The easiest to get in touch with me is to fill in this form: Loading... - Form by Asana

Take care!