Subtasks not showing on my Task List

subtasks

When enter a subtask using the subtask link, I can enter a subtask in the detail page to the right of the task listing; however, when I close the link and am just looking at the overall task list, how can i know there are subtasks? Isn’t there any way to show the subtask indendented on the main task list?

0 Likes

The only way I am aware to distinguish is to add them to the project they are in either by Tab P or the new Move Task-Add To Project. Unfortunately when you do this they do not stay in the section of the Parent task

0 Likes

The only way you will see your subtask in the My Tasks view is by assigning the subtask to yourself. Creating a subtask under a parent that is assigned to you does not assign the sub to you by default. Do a Tab-M on the sub and you’ll see it nested with the parent in your My Tasks view.

1 Like

Didn’t work. Next post will contain an attachment which shows the sub-task to a task - which does not show in My Tasks. I am using Chrome on a PC. I created the sub task from the icon in the right panel of the task. I assigned it to myself as instructed. Ctrl-M didn’t do anything.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes

unable to attach a screen shot to show what is going on. This is beyond frustrating!

0 Likes

Sorry I meant M to use as a shortcut to assign the sub to yourself. I’m not sure what the problem could be, if you’ve done this and still don’t see the sub in your My Tasks view. A picture might help if you able add one using the attachment tool in this posting box.

0 Likes