Subtasks are now visible on Timeline!

Only one added level in the hierarchy. Keep going.

4 Likes

Upvoting! it should be fixed. It’s sad but Timeline is not usable for us anymore. Is there any possibility we’ll see some update for that?
@Marie

1 Like

Now if you could only show subtasks in the workload tab, that could be extremely useful. We need to be able to see our resources’ availability and the majority of our staff is only assigned to subtasks. We still have no way of seeing who is available to be assigned to tasks.

10 Likes

Fantastic! Timeline is now much more usable. Now if we can get Subtasks added to Workload, we’ll no longer need to manage a whole separate Subtasks section in every project. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

I agree, it is no longer possible to align the tasks horizontally, it is very annoying to read the timeline…

2 Likes

Tasks can still be aligned horizontally as long as they have a 1 day gap between them to allow for the :arrow_forward: expand arrow to ‘fit’. Of course, tasks usually follow each other without gaps, unless between weekends so this is clearly an unfortunate side effect of a great feature which will be useful to many :confused:

If only the :arrow_forward: was placed within the tasks’ bars and not to the left of them… :thinking:

6 Likes

Although the implementation needs some tweaking, It is encouraging to see any adjustments to subtasks. I am hopeful for more changes this year regarding an easier method of adding them to a project (without making them appear as a full task) and seeing subtasks in workload.
Appreciate the teams involved on these updates.

3 Likes

I have it but I don’t want it. How can I disable this please?

1 Like

As an idea / input for the product team:
In my view, the optimal solution would be:

• A timeline as we know it, with horizontal and manual alignment. The possibility to show subtasks is useful and welcome here, but only if horizontal and manual alignment is still possible (for instance with the :arrow_forward: within the task bars as suggested above).
  • An additional and separate Gantt view that has no horizontal or manual alignment, but shows the entire task hierarchy (subtasks, subsubtasks etc.). See e.g. Wrike for a good example.
4 Likes

Hi @JFrentz and thank you so much for your feedback. This is something we have heard from many customers, and our team is already working on an update to fix this. I’ll keep you posted here as soon as the update is live :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Is it possible to get an update? I am still not seeing this feature unfortunately…

Hi @anon12499563,

We’re hoping to make subtasks on Timeline available to all users around mid-January. I’ll post an update on this thread once I have a precise date!

Hi @JFrentz,

Quick update on your request. Our team has implemented a fix to allow placing multiple tasks on a single line, however I’m afraid this only work for single-day tasks (without subtasks). Our team is continuing to monitor feedback, so I’ll move your initial feedback to the Product Feedback category to help us keep track of the feedback.

Apologies for the confusion here. let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

1 Like

Hi This is great and talking of “subs” - Can you add a sub-section within a Section e. Section would be “Marketing” and subsection would be “Email Marketing”? or is there a way round this if functionality not available? Thanks for your help

1 Like

Hi @Louise_Harris,

I’m afraid there is no option to create sub-sections in projects and I can’t think of a good workaround other than creating a separate section for your “Email Marketing” tasks.

1 Like

That’s a shame but thanks for coming back to me so quickly!

This is great!!!

1 Like

You can however create subsections in subtasks - place cursor to the left of the area and then click Tab N.

Hi @Louise_Harris , welcome to the forum :smiley:
You can create what you are looking for using a workaround; refer to :hammer: F13 in 🔥 Hottest feature requests and their workarounds by @Bastien_Siebman. I would also suggest to continue the conversation regarding sub-sections in one of those relevant topics :wink:

1 Like

Fantastic! That’s a long waited feature!
I’m still unable to see the arrow on the left side of the task you mentioned. When will this feature be rolled out to all users?