Subtask Sections now ordinary tasks

hello,

Recently Sections on the iphone app have turned into subtasks. This is very confusing as we use tasks as daily duty lists and we have sections within the subtasks to break them apart. Now on the iphone app these sections just blend in with the rest of the subtasks and are able to be marked complete. Photos attached to show desktop vs mobile. Please help!!
Screen Shot 2022-08-17 at 2.22.19 PM

2 Likes

Hi @Carley_Vienneau1 ,

Welcome to the Asana Forum :wave: :slight_smile:

I’ve moved this post into the Report a Bug section as this is to me clearly new and unexpected behaviour, I was able to reproduce it by simply adding some sections in a subtask list and then checking on mobile how they render and they do render as subtasks instead of sections.

Thanks,
Rosario

Hi @Carley_Vienneau1, thanks for flagging this.

I’m also experiencing this issue. I’ve raised this with our Product team and hope to have an update soon.

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:

Subtask Sections no longer appear with formatting different from other tasks in the main tasks list pane as they used to.

@Fabien_Moreno already posted this so I’ll just refer to his post but the exact same thing is happening to me.

Steps to reproduce:

Create a task with a subtask section then view it in the main tasks list pane

Browser version:

Current Chrome

Upload screenshots below:

Same here. It would be great to know what changed.

1 Like

:astonished: !!

1 Like

Hi folks, we have an existing bug report open for this so I’ve gone ahead and merged your topic with the existing one.

Our Engineers are working on a fix for this. I’ll keep you posted! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks everyone ! Hoping this gets resolved soon :smiley:

Hi folks :wave:

A fix for this should be rolled out on August 29 with the next app update. Please let me know if you’re still experiencing this issue post-device update after August 29.

2 Likes

Just want to post a fun (and hopeful) prediction that this bug actually surfaced because the devs are prepping to phase out subtask separators and instead transition to true subtask sections (just like project sections that parent tasks have).

Here’s to hoping :crossed_fingers:

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.