Stop showing archived projects in a portfolio timeline view

There is no sense in displaying archived projects on a timeline view. They should be hidden or at least filtered out by default.

1 Like

Totally agree. The whole point of archiving is to get it off the active list.

5 Likes

I’ll be working on a tool to remove archived projects from all portfolios, head over to Tool: remove archived projects from portfolios if you want to follow the progress.

1 Like

I have a feature request - could you only include active projects in a portfolio in the weekly portfolio report email? We have a portfolio for all of our events (each event is it’s own project and is archived once the event & all tasks are complete), but all of the archived projects are included in that weekly email which isn’t helpful since they are “complete” in our minds. We want to keep them included in the event portfolio, but don’t need emails that nothing has happened on them since they’re archived.

Thanks,

2 Likes

If you ever change your mind about this, you can use my tool to remove them automatically. Otherwise, I believe what you are looking for does not exist.

Hi @anon13627270, thanks for sharing your feedback with us! We already have a thread on this topic so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with Stop showing archived projects in a portfolio timeline view to consolidate feedback!

Yes! Please do not show archived projects in

• timeline view
  • portfolio report (email)

Also, add filter to include or exclude when viewing Portfolio in Asana.

I don’t want to remove archived projects from a Portfolio.

1 Like

Also, archived projects appear in Portfolios via the API which is also annoying.

It’s a pain to make a task dependent on another when building templates or new projects and it allows you to open/ select ALL other tasks in all other projects. Keep it in the project!

Second, why can I @ mention anyone I’ve ever mentioned in Asana in a project that only has a few collaborators? I work with a lot of people with the same name, and its way too easy to accidentally @ tag Judy from Destination A, when I meant to tag the Judy who actually has comment access in the project.

Last, IF A PROJECT HAS BEEN ARCHIVED, REMOVE IT FROM THE PORTFOLIO TOO.

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us @anon43362112! We already have a thread on this topic so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with Stop showing archived projects in a portfolio timeline view to consolidate feedback. We will post updates as soon as we have any information.

I know for a fact that some of my clients do not want this behavior. So Asana would have to do something to accommodate everyone.

This is such an important issue to resolve and surely is minor effort. Any update from Asana?

@Asana please indeed develop this

Actually that raises many questions, I know many clients that DO want to still see them. So that means you need to add configuration somewhere. And decide on the default value. And update guide. And inform CSM team. And battle with the product team to get agreement on putting an extra toggle that will clutter the screen (if they say yes to everything). :grimacing:

Correct Bastien, it’s daunting to make any changes to software used by thousands of people.
However, compared to most issues or changes, this one is a minor effort. All issues and changes must go through the process you describe. :slight_smile:

I never talked with the product team but I am almost certain they have crazy battles internally around adding a single toggle to a screen. Would be nice to get a sneak peek at how it works in their Product team!

1 Like

Hi, is it possible to recover the archived projects removed from the portfolio thanks to your tool ?

By recover you mean add back a project that was removed from a portfolio?